Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day One

It was 35 degrees today in North Carolina but I decided to go out and practice taking pictures anyway. Camp LeJeune has turned out to be a great place to take pictures the last few weeks. There's the ocean, beautiful scenary and interesting industrial sections all over base. Michael was kind enough to be my "model" today for a few of the shots. I would love to find someone in a formal (or even better, a wedding dress) to photograph against the industrial backdrop of the warehouses on base. I just think it would be fabulous.

The next stop was a section of land by some of the barracks used by the marines during PT. I like the simple nature of this photograph and thought the weathering of the wood told a story. It made me stop...





And as always, I took a few shots of the ocean. The water is so beautiful here, and I have enjoyed it beyond what I thought I would. Today the wind was low but there was a silent chill on the water. The mood of the water really changes with the season - you can almost feel it. I also thought the red-tinted foliage in the foreground was gorgeous.

My plans for this blog are relatively simple - to show my journey and growth in photography as I learn how to look at life through the lens of my camera. Thank you for participating with me in this education - I promise it will be a good time!









2 comments:

  1. Wow! These look great! You have a real gift. I look forward to keeping up with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A blog! I am so excited to get more glimpses into what you are up to these days. And I just love your photography, as always...

    ReplyDelete