Saturday, May 29, 2010

Yum Yum!

Jambalaya... yum yum


We recently had a party - a jambalaya party. We invited all of Michael's co-workers and their families to enjoy a fun evening of meeting new friends, playing games outside, and eating yummy jambalaya... in our brand new cast iron pot (which, by the way, is big enough to cook enough food for 100 people). Leave it to me to decide to cook something I've never done before for a party of people I don't really know. Why don't I choose the easy way out and make something I know will deliver? I guess that's just not who I am :)

In the end, dinner was super yummy. I was quite nervous about the whole put-the-rice-in-then-cover-and-don't-touch-it-for-30-minutes thing. It just seemed a little ridiculous to me but it all worked! Everyone enjoyed it and I think this is one of the few times I'll catch Michael stirring dinner :)
(just kidding, babe)



1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that is a GIANT pot; what a fun entertaining idea...

    ReplyDelete