Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Kitty

I called and set an appointment for Simon the other day for his yearly shots... and when I told the nurse that Simon is about 8 1/2 years old, she said "ahhh... he's almost a senior". I've noticed some grey hairs recently and the hair in his ears is turning white. I know he still has a few more years left on him but I still loved on him a little extra that night (and the following evenings).

Like most pets, he loves sleeping in the sun. It makes me giggle how he will "poof" up his hair on his body to let the absolute most amount of sun hit his skin - he loves it! This is a morning ritual for Simon and I. He wakes me up by purring in my ear and kneading my shoulder - I get up and walk out into the kitchen and pull back the blinds - he stretches and collapses on to the floor to spend the next few hours. Such a cutie...

And here he is in all of his glory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment