Sunday, August 22, 2010

My New Tattoo

10 hours later (8 of which with the needles in my arm)... I have a beautiful new tattoo. I am fully aware that not all people understand my love and desire for the art on my skin but I do believe that everyone can understand the need or desire to commemorate significant events or stages of one's life. For me, all of my tattoo's remind me of certain times in my life and strong feelings or decisions I made during those times. They not only are beautiful to me but are also reminders of where I came from and where I am trying to go...

This one is significant to me for several reasons. I wanted a piece of art with feminine qualities and floral elements without being a cooking-cutter tattoo that others could have. I also wanted something with elements of strength and depth. In the end, the tattoo was to be unique and specially drawn for me.

The tattoo studio here in Waynesville was absolutely amazing. The gentleman (and owner) who drew and tattooed the piece was great - and I feel that he delivered on everything that we talked about. Isn't it beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it! It turned out so great. I can't wait until I can start working on tattoo #2.

    ReplyDelete