Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cooking Adventure


Clams... I have never cooked with them before but decided to try my hand at them this past week. There is a little fresh seafood market on the way home from base that always has super fresh and yummy seafood. They will gut it, clean it or do whatever you want to it right in front of you. Nothing frozen - just straight from the fishermen that day. It is great! I've seen signs for the last 2 weeks about "Fresh Clams!" and have been so curious to try them at home. So... I did it. I purchased 3 dozen little clams and made a fresh lemon, garlic and olive oil sauce for them with some pasta. And for everyone's enjoyment... here's the delicious proof!


On a sidenote, they were tasty but not so good the next day. I guess I should have thought of that before getting 3 dozen...

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I am feeling hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you cooked them.

    No, wait. I'm thinking oysters. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People eat raw clams here. You can't order them at a restaurant but you can buy them and do it yourself. I like oysters raw... I think I'll pass on the clams, though. :)

    ReplyDelete