Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's Snowing

Well, it has finally snowed here in North Carolina. People are saying that this winter was much worse than others but this was the first snow we saw. I believe the coast saw about 8" - we saw about 6". I woke up early on the Saturday to a very bright morning. It's amazing how much brighter the snow can make everything. Michael was still sleeping so I quietly got dressed and went outside to take a few pictures. No one was up yet - I didn't see anything else outside. It was beautiful, though. The wind hadn't picked up so the little snowflakes were all stacked up against each other on the small twigs. It was so beautiful. Hope you enjoy!



I don't think we'll be riding the bike this weekend :)

Little tracks from the outdoor cats... The cold seriously makes me want to bring them all inside.

We have this large tree in the front of our place. I loved how the snow clung to the bark. So pretty...




The show was gone by the end of the weekend. And as far as I can tell, it will be the only snowfall we get this year.

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, Emily; I so enjoyed our snow here last week. I think my favorite is the one with the bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that looks like Chicago-lite.

    ReplyDelete