Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Study of Rust

In my exploration of my new town, I found this rundown gas station (I think). I so enjoy the pictures I got of a rusted pole! I think they are so interesting - between the different colors, shades and textures; all from a rusted pole. You can see the pole weathering away one layer at a time. You can even see that the opposite sides are being worn down differently. Such intriguing effects of destruction...








These are a few pictures taken of the actual gas station - look how the vines have totally taken over.



I also found a very old fire truck on the side of the road - it had a large water tank in the bed of the truck. Very cool...











2 comments:

  1. Yep, those wines are always taking over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - yeah, gotta love those little mistakes :) Thanks, Dad!

    ReplyDelete