Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome to Missouri

Well, Michael and I have made it to Missouri. We have unpacked all of our stuff and made our new house into our home. I finally made it out into the little towns around us to take a few pictures of the new surroundings. This area is a little more rural than our old neighborhood in North Carolina (and definitely more so than my old stomping ground in Dallas). It is beautiful, though, and I'm enjoying the quiet. I do still miss the big malls and fantastic grocery stores of my days in Texas but am loving the extreme quiet and darkness that comes with this small town.


These pictures were taken a few miles off of I-44. The ranching land can be so beautiful in the early hours of the day or right before sunset. I plan on setting aside an early morning to go back and take pictures of the land in the flattering lighting. In the meantime, these are just a few shots I got while driving around one afternoon to see what I could see. :)


1 comment:

  1. I love pictures like that first one with the line of mailboxes-- cool "perspective", I guess you photography types would call it? :)

    ReplyDelete